In the ever-evolving world of smartphones, customization is the name of the game. You want your Android device to reflect your personality, style, or simply your mood on any given day. One way to achieve this is by changing the app icons on your Android phone. Whether you’re tired of the default icons or just want to give your phone a fresh look, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of how to Change App Icons on Android.
What to Know About Changing App Icons on Your Android Phone
Before we dive into the basic of changing app icons, let’s lay down some fundamental knowledge. Android is known for its flexibility and customization options, and changing app icons is no exception. However, the extent of customization available may vary slightly depending on your Android device and the version of the operating system it’s running. So, it’s essential to keep that in mind as we explore the steps.
How to Change App Icons on Samsung Phones
Samsung, one of the leading Android device manufacturers, offers its users a unique and user-friendly way to change app icons. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to Your Home Screen: Start by returning to your phone’s home screen, where all your app icons are displayed.
- Pinch or Long-Press: On most Samsung phones, you can pinch the screen or long-press on an empty area to access customization options. A menu will pop up at the bottom.
- Select “Icons” or “Home Screen Settings”: In the menu, look for an option like “Icons” or “Home Screen Settings” and tap on it.
- Choose Your Icon Pack: Samsung provides a list of pre-installed icon packs for you to choose from. Pick the one that suits your taste.
- Apply the Icon Pack: After selecting your desired icon pack, tap “Apply” or “Set” to confirm your choice.
- Enjoy the New Look: Voila! Your app icons now sport a fresh new look that matches your chosen icon pack.
How to Theme App Icons on Google Pixel Phones
If you’re the proud owner of a Google Pixel phone, you can also change your app icons to match your preferred theme. Here’s how:
- Access Settings: Start by opening the “Settings” app on your Google Pixel device.
- Navigate to “Apps & Notifications”: Scroll down and find the “Apps & Notifications” option. Tap on it.
- Select “See All [X] Apps”: Replace “[X]” with the number of apps you have installed. This will take you to a list of all your apps.
- Choose the App You Want to Change: Scroll through the list and find the app whose icon you want to change. Tap on it.
- Tap on “Advanced”: Once you’re in the app’s settings, tap on “Advanced” at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on “Open by Default”: This option allows you to set the default app for various actions.
- Select “Change”: Look for the “Change” button, usually found next to the “Open Supported Links” option, and tap on it.
- Choose Your Icon Pack: You’ll be presented with a list of icon packs available on your device. Pick the one you want to use.
- Confirm Your Choice: After selecting the icon pack, tap “OK” to confirm your choice.
- Enjoy the New Icon: Now, when you go back to your home screen and open the app you’ve just customized, you’ll see the new icon reflecting your chosen theme.
Also Read : How to Join WhatsApp Beta
How to Change App Icons on Android – Using Third-Party Launchers
Changing app icons on Samsung and Google Pixel phones is fantastic, but what if you want even more control and options? This is where third-party launchers come into play. These launchers not only allow you to change app icons but also offer a plethora of customization features for your Android device.
Here are the general steps to change app icons on Android using a third-party launcher:
- Install a Third-Party Launcher: Head to the Google Play Store and search for popular third-party launchers like Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, or Action Launcher. Download and install your chosen launcher.
- Set It as the Default Launcher: Once the launcher is installed, open the settings app on your device and search for “Home” or “Home Screen.” Select your newly installed launcher as the default.
- Customize Your Icons: Launch the third-party launcher, and you’ll have access to various customization options, including changing app icons. Navigate to the settings specific to icons or themes.
- Choose Your Icon Pack: Select the icon pack you want to use or download additional packs from the Play Store.
- Apply the Icons: After selecting the icon pack, you can choose which apps’ icons to change. Some launchers allow you to customize individual icons, while others may offer a batch icon change option.
- Enjoy a Fully Customized Home Screen: With a third-party launcher, the sky’s the limit when it comes to customization. You can change icons, wallpapers, and even transition animations to create a unique look and feel for your Android device.
Customize Your Android’s Homescreen with Custom App Icons and Widgets
Changing app icons is just one part of the equation when it comes to personalizing your Android device. To take your customization game to the next level, consider adding custom app icons and widgets to your home screen. This can truly make your Android device stand out from the crowd.
Adding Custom App Icons
- Download Custom Icons: Search for custom app icons on websites, forums, or social media platforms. Many talented designers create and share their icon packs for free or a small fee.
- Install an Icon Changer App: To change app icons with custom images, you’ll need an icon changer app from the Google Play Store. Popular options include Icon Changer and Icon Pack Studio.
- Select the App: Open the icon changer app and choose the app you want to customize.
- Pick Your Custom Icon: Browse your gallery or the downloaded icon packs to select the custom image you want to use as the new app icon.
- Apply the Change: Confirm your choice, and the new custom icon will replace the default one on your home screen.
- Repeat for Other Apps: To change icons for multiple apps, simply repeat the process for each one.
Widgets are another fantastic way to personalize your Android home screen. These are interactive elements that provide real-time information or quick access to app features. Here’s how to add widgets:
- Long-Press on the Home Screen: Find an empty space on your home screen and long-press it.
- Select “Widgets”: Look for the “Widgets” option that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose a Widget: Browse through the available widgets and select the one you want to add.
- Customize the Widget: Some widgets allow you to customize their appearance or settings. If applicable, make your desired adjustments.
- Place the Widget: Drag the widget to the spot on your home screen where you want it to appear.
- Resize and Rearrange: You can also resize widgets by long-pressing on them and dragging the resize handles. To rearrange widgets, simply drag them to a new location on the screen.
With custom app icons and widgets, you can create a truly unique Android home screen that caters to your specific needs and style preferences.
Customizing your Android phone by changing app icons, theming, and adding custom elements like widgets is a fantastic way to make your device truly your own. Whether you have a Samsung phone, a Google Pixel, or any other Android device, there are options available to suit your customization needs.
So, go ahead and give your Android phone a fresh new look today. Whether you opt for the built-in customization options on Samsung and Google Pixel phones or take full control with a third-party launcher, the power to make your device uniquely yours is right at your fingertips. Customize, experiment, and enjoy your personalized Android experience like never before.